The seasons are changing

Walking through the farmer's market today made me finally realize that summer is finally over. In past weeks, the tables and booths have been overflowing with life changing peaches and incredible tomatoes, but now those are dwindling and are few and far between the cold weather vegetables like...Eggplant. Hmm. Not that I'm not an eggplant fan, but you can't exactly cut it up and put it with vanilla ice cream like a nice juicy peach. Sigh.

Last night was the closing night of CUTS, Casey's first show outside of the Westmont cocoon, and it was FANTASTIC. The crowd was so into all of the jokes, and was really involved through the whole show. It was a blast. I had so much fun. I decided not to take any pictures during the show to avoid being a distraction to the cast. There were already ENOUGH distractions...The lights went crazy during one of the most serious monologues in the show, where the character is talking about growing his hair out in a nazarite vow while his mother was dying with cancer. And then a woman got up and left right in the middle of the scene! That doesn't sound like a big deal, but the theater is TINY and it was really bothersome. Anyway, we sold out again, save for a handful of seats, and we may have actually turned a tiny profit on the show. Which in theater is crazy rare, I'm told. The cast was just excited to pay off the costs of the show, so we're blown away. God is so faithful to us.

Also, I think I may have found a kindred spirit last night and made a new friend. :) I am excited about that.

I'm also definitely being delinquent and skipping church right now. Not feeling so well, for some reason. You know that sluggish, fuzzy, tired feeling you get just before you get the flu or something? That's how I feel. :(

I'm obsessed with this band, the Silent Years. They're so fun. Check out their song "Black Hole." Really great.



http://www.myspace.com/thesilentyears


Love to everyone and thanks for all that came out to support the show! We are so grateful. :)

-L

0 comments: