Artiste and the Lavender Farm

Hello, all! Since I'm so behind on posting... Here are some pics! Case and I escaped last Sunday to Santa Ynez where we stopped at a darling little winery, Artiste, where they only serve custom blends. It was so fun! We payed five bucks for each of us to have a little sip of six different wines (all of which were fabulous, except the port, but I'm not a huge fan of port anyway) and you can browse around their gallery and even do some painting and drawing yourself! It was so much fun.














We also discovered an organic lavender farm??? Who knew? Only in California. It was magical.













We got some great Italian food at Trattoria Grappolo, which is just down the street from Artiste. Quality times.

Man, oh man. It's been a long time since I posted! Much too long, indeed. Things have been so busy at my house, I'm glad I have a second to stop and breathe. Case has been rehearsing every night for "Othello," which he'll be performing in two weeks, which is exciting. And I've been doing a lot of work on the side as well. On top of that, we're gearing up for election year at the Voice. Our city council will have two seats open this fall, so I've been covering the candidates, on top of the regular meetings. Although I'm pretty apolitical (to put it mildly), I'm excited to help give our readers the information before the election. It's nice to be able to do that for them.

I'm off to have a mini-girls night with my friend Erin and Kate. Also, I have wedding pics to post. Soon to come...:)

0 comments: